In 2010, the Canadian Association of Family Resource Programs (frp.ca) released an issue of their occasional journal, Perspectives in Family Support. The issue focused on newcomer families. It stands up today, four years later. Included in that issue are:
- Support for New Immigrant Families-Challenges and Opportunities
Janice MacAulay, Betsy Mann, Kim Hetherington
- The Participation of Immigrant Families in the Activities of Family Resource Programs
- Our Learned Cultural Bias and Prejudice
Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria
- Phase 2 of FRP Canada’s Welcome Here Project – A Summary Report of Lessons Learned
- Reflecting on Issues of Translation and Interpretation
- What are the Essential Elements of Valid Research? The Problem of “Data” and their Collection in Cross-Cultural Contexts
Judith K. Bernhard, Ph.D.
frp.ca has announced its annual conference for 2015 to be held this year in Hamilton, Ontario. Review the program and register here.
Related link: welcomehere.ca ~ a collection of resources for immigrant families, and for those who work with them.